Venue: Council Chamber, Wallfields, Hertford. View directions
Contact: Lorraine Blackburn Tel: Tel: (01279) 502172 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
It was moved by Councillor Mrs D Hone and seconded by Councillor J Taylor that Councillor E Buckmaster be appointed Chairman for the Licensing Sub-Committee meeting.
To approve the Minutes of Previous Sub-Committee meeting:
12 February 2015.
RESOLVED – that the Minutes of the meeting held on 12 February 2015 be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The Chairman outlined the procedure to be followed. All those present were introduced.
The Senior Specialist Licensing Officer advised the Sub–Committee of two errors in the report relating to late night refreshment on Sunday which should have read 23:00 to 23:30 and Sunday opening hours which should have read 08:00 to 23:30. Members were reminded of the options available to them in that they could refuse or grant the application or amend it.
The applicant’s agent provided the background leading up to a request for a variation of the premises licence. He explained that Loungers was a successful national chain offering restaurant, café, bar facilities and all day food. The application for a variation to the hours had been made so that it was in keeping with a recent refurbishment. The applicant’s agent confirmed that there would be no off sales of alcohol. He stated that no representations had been received from the Police or Responsible Authorities but that three representations had been received in relation to the generation of noise. He felt that these objections were unfounded given that the opening hours were less than another local restaurant / bar facility.
At the conclusion of the representations, the Sub-Committee withdrew with the Legal Services Manager and Democratic Services Officer to consider the evidence.
Following this, they returned and the Chairman stated that Members had taken account of the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003, Section 182 guidance and the Council’s own licensing policy and decided to approve the variation of the premises licence subject to the following conditions:
· a CCTV system to be installed, maintained and working and fit for purpose;
· substantial meals shall be available from the premises kitchen at all times when alcohol is on sale from the premises;
· the Premises Licence Holder be required to keep an “incident/refusals” logbook in a bound book in which full details of all incidents are recorded;
there shall be no off sales of alcohol;
· the Premise Licence Holder shall take appropriate measures to ensure that patrons leave the premises in a quiet and orderly fashion;
· the Premises Licence Holder shall ensure that adequate measures are in place to remove litter or waste arising from customers and prevent litter from accumulating in the immediate vicinity of the premises;
· training should be clearly documented, signed and dated by both the trainer and the staff member receiving it and be available for inspection on request by the Licensing Authority or Police; and
· an approved “proof of age scheme shall be adopted, implemented and advertised within the premises such as “Challenge 25” with accepted identification.
RESOLVED – that for the reasons now detailed, the variation of the premises licence be approved, subject to the conditions now detailed.